Most individuals and most companies purchase Windows 365 so they can use PowerPoint, Word, and…
Microsoft 365 is a subscription-based service that gives users access to the latest Microsoft Office apps, like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. This Guide to Microsoft 365 will help you determine if this subscription is right for you.
Subscribers can install the apps on PCs, Macs, tablets, and phones and the subscription also includes 1 TB of OneDrive cloud storage and regular feature updates and upgrades. Microsoft 365 is an excellent choice for those who want the latest Microsoft Office apps and features.
How do I get started with Microsoft 365?
The first step is to sign up for a subscription. You can do this by visiting the Microsoft 365 website and selecting the plan that’s right for you. Once you’ve signed up, you’ll be able to download and install the Microsoft Office apps on your devices.
Microsoft 365 Business plans start at $6 per user, per month for up to 300 users and include Microsoft Office apps, 1 TB of OneDrive storage, and other Microsoft services.
Once you’ve installed the apps, you can start using them to create and edit documents, spreadsheets, presentations, and more.
The Beginner’s Guide to Microsoft 365 Benefits
There are many benefits of using Microsoft 365, including:
- The latest Microsoft Office apps: With Microsoft 365, you’ll always have access to the latest versions of the Microsoft Office apps, like Word, Excel, edit documents, spreadsheets, presentations, and more.
- You can also use the service to store and share files online, using OneDrive.
Microsoft 365 is designed to be used with the latest versions of the Microsoft Office apps. If you’re using an older version of Office, you might not be able to take full advantage of all the features Microsoft 365 has to offer.
How do I use it?
Each program in Microsoft 365 has a main window in which you’ll complete the program’s main function. Each program also has a colored toolbar (also referred to as a “ribbon”) at the top of the window. This ribbon provides quick access to frequently used commands in each program. You’ll find different tab options (such as Insert, Format, etc) in the ribbon, and clicking on a tab will cause the toolbar options to change. This allows you to quickly find the commands you need without having to search through menus. The ribbon interface can take some time to get used to, but once you master it you’ll be able to work more efficiently in the various programs.
What are some additional benefits?
Microsoft 365 is a comprehensive, cloud-based solution that includes everything your business needs to stay productive and connected.
With Microsoft 365, you can access your files from anywhere, using any device. And because your data is stored in the cloud, it’s always backed up and available if you need it. Microsoft 365 also includes powerful communication tools like Microsoft Teams, which makes it easy to stay in touch with colleagues and customers.
With Microsoft 365 you get predictable monthly payments, so there are no surprise costs. And in the event of an unexpected outage or disaster, Microsoft 365 can help keep your business running with its built-in business continuity features.
How can I use Microsoft 365 to improve my productivity and work efficiency?
One of the most popular M365 products is Microsoft Teams, a messaging and collaboration platform that helps users stay in touch with their teams, co-workers, customers, and boss. Microsoft Teams offers many powerful collaboration features, including the ability to share files, create and edit documents, and schedule and conduct video meetings.
Microsoft 365 subscribers can also take advantage of Outlook, OneDrive, and Excel. Outlook is a great tool for organizing and sharing your emails, calendars, and contacts. OneDrive is a cloud storage service that makes it easy to save and share your files with coworkers. And Excel is a powerful spreadsheet application that lets you easily analyze data and create dynamic reports.
Are there any other features that I should be aware of?
- Co-Authoring: One of the benefits is real-time co-authoring, which allows multiple users to work on the same document at the same time. This can be extremely helpful for team projects, as it allows everyone to see each other’s changes and make edits in real-time.
- Chat: Microsoft Teams allows you to create a private chat room for your team, and Skype for Business lets you video chat with individual co-workers. You can also use the Microsoft Outlook app to send instant messages to co-workers. To get started, simply open the app and click on the “Chat” icon. Then, type in the name or email address of the person you want to chat with. You can also add emoticons and attachments to your messages.
- Insert links: Another particularly useful feature is the ability to insert links to stored files instead of sending entire files to co-workers. This can save time and energy by avoiding the need to upload and download large files. Additionally, it can help to reduce storage requirements on both the sender and receiver’s devices. To insert a link to a stored file, simply click the ‘Insert’ tab and select ‘Link.’ Then, browse for the file you wish to share and click ‘Insert.’ The recipient of the message will then be able to click the link to access the file, without needing to download it. This simple Microsoft 365 feature can help to make working with others more efficient.
- Create calendar events: You can also use OneNote to create calendar events. To turn a OneNote item into an Outlook calendar event, simply click the “File” tab, select “New,” and then click “Outlook Calendar Event.” A new window will open where you can enter the details of your event. Once you have entered the relevant information, click “Save.” Your event will now be added to your Outlook calendar.
If this Guide to Microsoft 365 has convinced you that a subscription is right for you, contact Terminal B today to learn more about optimizing your home and work life.