Most individuals and most companies purchase Windows 365 so they can use PowerPoint, Word, and…
11 Ways M365 Will Make Your Life Easier
People are always looking for ways to improve productivity in the business world, because that has a huge impact on any business’ bottom line. If you’re looking for a company to provide managed IT services for your company, you might want to find out if they use M365 in their approach to providing service. Assuming they do, you’ll be able to have much more confidence in the fact that they will be able to boost your company’s productivity.
How M365 will make life easier
Here are some of the tips that will make your life easier, by using the functionality included in M365:
- Using smart lookup – this is an M365 feature that allows you to look up all kinds of information on your current document. Smart Lookup scans the web for information and delivers a list of useful results.
- Use ‘tell me’ – the M365 tell me feature saves time by notifying you of the right tool that should be used for a particular situation. Type in what you’re trying to do and tell me will provide some options for how to go about it.
- Share with collaborators – one of M365’s best features is that it allows you to easily share documents, so collaboration is a breeze. Click on the share button and then enter in an email address and you’re off to the races.
- Restore the last copy – sometimes you change a document that you decide later is unnecessary, and in that case you’ll have the option of restoring the last saved copy. All you have to do is go into version history and click the restore button.
- Focused inbox – this is a great way to clean up your inbox so that you’ll be able to focus on the most important messages. This works by segregating your incoming mail under two categories, those being focused and other.
- Use SharePoint – this is a great way to collaborate on projects with other members of your team, and to share files when needed. SharePoint allows you to create a central repository for project files, so you can set up alerts to denote when changes have been made.
- Freeze panes in Excel – anytime you’re working with a huge spreadsheet, you may want to freeze the top row so that you’ll always be able to see the headers as you scroll through the document.
- Use keyboard shortcuts – this saves a lot of time, because it will allow you to quickly execute tasks, without ever having to do any mouse clicking. Just press the share button and enter the email to create a new document. All you have to do is press Ctrl+N, and you can see all shortcuts by selecting File, Options, and Keyboard Shortcuts.
- Use budgeting templates – M365 provides a number of useful templates in Excel that can assist your planning and budgeting processes. You’ll be on top of your finances by tracking income and expenses.
- Recall sent messages – If you’ve ever sent out an email and immediately wished you could take it back, this feature might be for you. As long as the recipient hasn’t opened your message yet, you’ll be able to recall any sent message by clicking on Recall and Delete Unread Messages.
- Organized with OneNote – this is a great vehicle for organizing ideas and thoughts, and it can also be used to track project plans, meeting notes, and task lists.
Reach out to Terminal B today to learn more about how M365 can help your productivity.